A Farewell For Now


The end of the summer has arrived, which means that my research on minimal surfaces has come to a close. Honestly, I wish I had more time to continue my research because there is still so much to explore about minimal surfaces. I hope to continue studying minimal surfaces and other related concepts, such as manifolds, in my own time or perhaps I will have the chance to continue my studies in my future math classes.

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to participate in the NSF-EXPLORE Summer Research program as it not only introduced me to the research process in mathematics, but it also enriched my critical thinking skills as well as helped me develop other skills that will be beneficial as my career progresses. The program gave me an opportunity to give my first poster presentation, which can be stressful but at the same time, I know it will be rewarding in the end. I have always wondered what it was like to do research in math; this program showed me what research consists of and has allowed me to determine if I am interested in doing research in the future. It has also convinced me to consider going to graduate school to continue studying math as my passion for it only grows stronger. I encourage undergraduate students to engage in some type of research because it is a great learning experience. Along with developing many important skills, you might discover new interests that can lead you down a new path in your career.

Although I finished my summer research on minimal surfaces, I plan to continue adding to this blog when I start researching other math topics, which hopefully will be soon. Lastly, I would like to give a special thank you to my mentor, Dr. Schreck, for the help and guidance throughout the research. I am proud of what I accomplished this summer and I couldn't have done it without her help.

Until next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Exhibition of Minimal Surfaces

Printing a Gorgeous Goblet with the Help of Maple

The Historical Timeline of Minimal Surfaces and the Mathematics behind its Defining Property